Saint John the Evangelist School is a Roman Catholic Preschool through Grade 8 parish school under the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. In a community of faith and with the Gospel values of Jesus Christ, our faculty and staff work together to develop each child to the best of his and her ability, spiritually, academically, artistically, socially, and physically in a nurturing environment that promotes living faith, academic excellence, leadership, and service within the Church community and society.
The purpose of the school community is to teach, exemplify, and nurture Catholic faith values so that
- Each child’s dignity is acknowledged by developing the whole child according to her/his unique needs.
- Each child is guided to develop her/his personal talents in order to serve the Church, the community and the world.
- Each child is encouraged to be a creative thinker, leader, problem solver and effective communicator.
- Each child is capable of learning.
- Each child has the right to a safe learning environment of mutual respect fostered by appropriate behavior and actions.