Through faith, community, and learning
St. John the Evangelist School provides a pathway for every student’s success in the
21st century. We embrace every child as an individual with different learning needs, talents, and personalities.
We encourage students to be creative thinkers, leaders, problem solvers and effective communicators.
Saint John the Evangelist School follows Course of Study and Curriculum Guidelines for the Archdiocese of Baltimore based on National Standards and the State of Maryland.
- Currently 1:1 iPad to student ratio schoolwide including iPads in PK through 2 classrooms
- SMARTboards in Pre-K through Grade 8 classrooms and other instructional rooms
- Accelerated Math Courses
- Learning Differences Program meets unique learning needs of all students
- Teacher assistants in Grades PK through 2
- Daily instruction in math, science, social studies, language arts, and religion
- Weekly instruction in art, music, physical education, computer, library, and Spanish
- State of the art computer and science labs including 3D printer technology
- Beginning in Grade 3, students are divided into three small groups for math instruction.
- Grade 6 to 8 students are grouped by ability in literature.
- Grade 7 math – pre-algebra, or algebra I
- Grade 8 math – pre-algebra, algebra I, or honors algebra I. Geometry may be offered based on student ability.
- Grade 6 Spanish – two days per week
- Grades 7 & 8 Spanish – three days per week
- Scantron Standardized Test administered to Grades 3 – 8
- Parent access to online progress reporting for students in Grades 3 – 8